- Data mining and machine learning
- Nonparametric and semiparametric statistical methods
- Functional data analysis
- Spatio-temporal data analysis
- Design of experiments
- Applications in manufacturing, telecommunications, and healthcare
International Journal Papers
- K. Kim, H. Zabihi, H. Kim, and U. Lee (2017), “TrailSense: a crowdsensing system for detecting risky mountain trail segments with walking pattern analysis,” Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), accepted.
- H. Kim and J. Lee (2017), “Hierarchical spatially varying coefficient process model ,” Technometrics, accepted.
- Y. Jung and H. Kim (2017), “Detection of PVC by Using a Wavelet-based Statistical ECG Monitoring Procedure,” Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 36, 176-182.
- H. Kim, J. T. Vastola, S. Kim, J.-C. Lu, and M. A. Grover (2017), “Incorporation of engineering knowledge into the modeling process: a local approach,” International Journal of Production Research, 55(20), 5865-5880.
- S. Kim, H. Kim, and Y. Park (2017), “Early detection of vessel delays using combined historical and real-time information,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, 68(2), 182-191.
- H. Kim, J. T. Vastola, S. Kim, J.-C. Lu, and M. A. Grover (2017), “Batch sequential minimum energy design with design region adaptation,” Journal of Quality Technology, 49(1), 11-26.
- H. Kim, S. Kim, J. Deng, J.-C. Lu, K. Wang, C. Zhang, M. A. Grover, and B. Wang (2017), “An integrated holistic model of a complex process,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 89(1), 1137-1147.
- W. Soh, H. Kim, and B.-J. Yum (2016), “A multivariate loss function approach to robust design of systems with multiple performance characteristics”, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 32(8), 2685-2700.
- S. Kim, H. Kim, and Y. Namkoong (2016), “Ordinal classification of imbalanced data with application in emergency and disaster information services”, IEEE Intelligent Systems, 31(5), 50-56.
- S. Kim and H. Kim (2016), “A new metric of absolute percentage error for intermittent demand forecasts,” International Journal of Forecasting, 32(3), 669–679.
- W. Soh, H. Kim, and B.-J. Yum (2015), “Application of kernel principal component analysis to multi-characteristic parameter design problems,” Annals of Operations Research, accepted.
- S. Kim, H. Kim, R.W. Lu, J.-C. Lu, M.J. Casciato, and M. A. Grover (2015), “Adaptive combined space-filling and D-optimal designs,” International Journal of Production Research, 53(17), 5354–5368.
- S. Kim, H. Kim, J.-C. Lu, M.J. Casciato, M.A. Grover, D.W. Hess, R.W. Lu, and X. Wang (2015), “Layers of experiments with adaptive combined design,” Naval Research Logistics, 62(2), 127-142.
- H. Kim and X. Huo (2014), “Asymptotic optimality of a multivariate version of the generalized cross validation in adaptive smoothing splines,” Electronic Journal of Statistics, 8, 159-183.
- H. Kim, X. Huo, M. Shilling, and H. Tran (2014), “A Lipschitz regularity-based statistical model, with applications in coordinate metrology,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 11(2), 327-337.
- H. Kim, X. Huo, and J. Shi (2014), “A single interval based classifier,”Annals of Operations Research, 216, 307-325.
- H. Kim and X. Huo (2013), “Optimal sampling and curve interpolation via wavelets,” Applied Mathematics Letters, 26(7), 774-779.
- K. Lee, A. Gray, and H. Kim (2013), “Dependence maps, a dimensionality reduction with dependence distance for high-dimensional data,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 26(3), 512-532.
- H. Kim and X. Huo (2012), “Locally optimal adaptive smoothing splines,” Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 24(3), 665-680.
Selected International Conference Papers
- M. Choy, D. Kim, J.-G. Lee, H. Kim, and H. Motoda (2016), “Looking back on the current day: interruptibility prediction using daily behavioral features,” ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp), 1004-1015. (Acceptance rate: 24 %)
- W. Lee, Y. Lee, H. Kim, and I.-C. Moon (2016), “Bayesian nonparametric collaborative topic Poisson factorization for electronic health records-based phenotyping,” International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2544-2552. (Acceptance rate: 25 %)
- T. Au, R. Duan, H. Kim, and G.-Q. Ma (2010),“Spatiotemporal event detection in mobility networks,” IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), 28-37. (Acceptance rate: 19 %)
Domestic Journal Papers
- Y. Jung and H. Kim (2016), “Detection of atrial fibrillation using Markov regime switching models of heart rate intervals,” Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 42(4), 290-295. (First place in the Master’s student research paper contest, Fall Conference of Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2015)